When a restaurant gets its eMenu ready (i.e. upload the menu, finish translation, list the menu, display the restaurant QR Code). Then it is customers' turn to use the eMenu.
A. Guest goes to the restaurant using "Nearby" function of iEate.
1. A customer uses our "Restaurants Nearby" function to select a restaurant by reading the eMenu & reviews
2. The customer goes to the selected restaurant, scans the restaurant QR Code, picks items from your eMenu, and places an order.
3. A waiter opens the iEate Restaurant app, scans the order QR Code, and serves the food.
B. Guest goes to the restaurant himself.
1. A customer opens the WeChat/Alipay/Line app, scans the restaurant QR Code, picks items in your eMenu, and places an order.
2. A waiter opens the iEate Restaurant app, scans the order QR Code, and serves the food.
To sum up, higher restaurant efficiency and better customer experience make your restaurant earn more money on iEate.
• More accurate orders with easier communication
• Faster table turn
• More productivity from less staff
• Reach more customers
• Know your customers better
• More efficient eMenu management
• Greener & cheaper eMenu
We have close cooperation with Shanghai International Studies University and East China Normal University, which are two top language universities in China. Each of our professional translators owns at least a language degree and the living experience in both countries.
The whole menu translation consists of 3 steps:
① Translation by professionals
② 2-step accuracy verification by “Alternative language-Target language”
③ Easy-to-understand checking
If you cannot find your wanted language above, please tell us. We will work hard to expand our supported languages to meet your demand.
It usually takes 2 weeks for us to finish the translation of one language. Sometimes we have to communicate with you if we have some questions. But we will do our best to work on your menu as quickly as possible.
No, restaurants are not allowed to print the translated menu. We don't make money by translation. The core of business is to earn money by the eMenu. eMenu is also a digital technology for restaurant of the future.
Each restaurant has its unique QR Code. With this QR Code, customers can access your eMenu and order food in their languages on their smartphone. No matter how often you change your menu, this QR Code remains the same. Print once and use forever.
You can display the QR Code as you want. Here is some of our suggestions.
1. Storefront (shop window) display
2. Outdoor menu stand
3. Table menu stand
4. QR Code appendix for paper menu
5. QR Code printed in the menu
6. Table menu stand in hotel rooms (especially for hotel restaurants)
To help operate the iEate platform, we charge a service fee to restaurants when a translation is made, or when a meal is ordered through eMenu by customers.
iEate doesn't handle money. Customers pay the bill to you directly by your supported payment methods (eg. credit card, cash). Nothing changed.
If you are interested in mobile payment like Alipay and WeChat Pay, please tell us.
If you registered for a new account but did not receive a verification email from us within a few minutes it is possible that any one of the following occurred:
• The verification email was sent directly to your Spam Folder.
• You may have misspelled your email address while signing up.
To resolve this issue please try the following:
1. Check your spam folder for any email that you may have received from ieate.com (in some cases, please check your filters or "Trash Folder" as well.)
2. Re-enter your email address and re-send the verification email if it is not in your spam folder.
3. Enter a different email address for verification.
If the issue is not resolved after all these steps, please contact us for further assistance.
Restaurants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Must be open to the public.
• Must be open on a regularly scheduled basis.
• Must be open for at least 12 consecutive weeks of the year.
• Must be stationary and have a permanent address.